We will meet at the CMU Library and Folio Cafe on Grant Avenue. If the weather is bad we can meet inside the building.
A map to the location is here: https://binged.it/2nWEuRM
The evening will include:
- Checking licenses (you will need to bring your license with you or a photo copy of it)
- If you have not received your license(s) it is probably because you did not send in a hard copy waiver form.
- Introduction of the coaches.
- Doing a bike check (making sure your child fits their bike properly and that the gears and brakes are working)
- Helmet Check (adjusting kids helmets/teaching them to fit their helmets correctly on their heads)
- T-shirt distribution
- Getting into preliminary groupings and going for a short ride
This ride will begin to help the coaches assess the abilities of the kids in each group. As the season progresses and our riders improve and are riding more challenging terrain, the coaches will move around the kids from group to group, trying to create groups that are similar in skill and speed. This will create the most fun for everyone.
Please make sure your child knows they may be moved around, to work with other coaches, throughout the season. If you have questions about this please ask.